Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Plan, or Lack Thereof

The plan is simple: I eat my last meal on Friday, then juice fast for 10-14 days or until death takes me.

I suppose I should think more about it than that, but I’m trying to keep things simple. A big factor in why I am choosing to do this is the absolute simplicity of it, which at least makes it hard to loose track of. Let’s take this step by step.

1. Juice Planning

The Good Plan: Have a variety of juice and recipes to ensure that I get all required nutrients without putting too much sugar or acid in my system and keep my calorie count up.

My Simple Plan: Get a shitload of fruits and veggies and just make whatever any time I get hungry.

2. Coffee

The Good Plan: Slowly bring down my caffeine intake over the course of several days, helping me curb my addition without crashing.

My Simple Plan: Can I juice it? No? Then it’s off the list. Worst thing that happens is I end up with a headache or a divorce.

3. World Involvement

The Good Plan: Stay in for the first week to prevent as much temptation to break the fast as possible.

My Simple Plan: Fuck you, I’m watching Looper at the Drafthouse. If I’m not strong enough to resist ordering food, I can at least blame Bruce Willis.

4. Home Environment

The Good Plan: Remove as much non-microbiotic foods from the house as possible, and avoid situations where others will be eating in front of me.

My Simple Plan: Since my wife won’t be fasting with me, this one’s not an option. I’ll just try to keep out of the kitchen and stay someplace safe, like in front of my TV.

5. Motivation

The Good Plan: Keep a journal or diary so that I can stay focused on my goals and track my progress. This will help externalize any difficulties and allow me to encourage myself.

My Simple Plan: Bitch on FaceBook.

Chances are you’ll be seeing more of me as this experiment comes to fruition. Hopefully I’ll spend Monday and Tuesday getting caught up on life, laundry, and the pursuit of cash moneys. More likely I’ll play Guild Wars 2 all day and then clean briefly in the 20 minutes before my wife comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment